Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Wednesday, September 5, 2007

New Job


Well, I started my new part-time gig today and I think it's gonna be a good one. I am working a couple of days a week with a photographer in town. Her name is Christy Bonifacio -- That's Bon-I-FOTCH-E-O -- and she says it with just the right Italian inflection in her voice. That's her picture up above with one of her munchkins -- Leo.

Anyway, I was a little apprehensive about my first day, and when I showed up at her pretty new house in Sequoyah Hills I was greeted by a million construction guys and her very gracious husband, who let me hang out in the bare living room until Christy got back from taking the kids to pre-school. But all my apprehension just disappeared when she came running in the door, arms spread open to give me a big, welcoming hug.

I had never met her before, only corresponded through e-mails and had only come to know her after I scheduled her to come and take our family portrait in November. After reading her blog one night and seeing how late into the night she was working, I e-mailed her and asked her if she needed an assistant. Don't know why. I did it almost without even thinking about it. She e-mailed me back and said ABSOLUTELY! And so that's how I got to the little office in Sequoyah Hills today.

She's a runner, going to Chicago tomorrow for a half marathon. She's funny, laid-back and has the most beautiful red hair in the world. And she has entrusted me to edit her photos, handle her website and pretty much manage every piece of communication coming into her office. For some reason, she feels I can keep her organized -- Funny, I know.

So today's a good day. I only hope I can balance this extra responsibility with school and softball and baseball and home. It sounds like a lot and it feels like a lot, but I think it will be a good thing, giving me something just for me.

If you want to check out her stuff, click here

Bonifacio Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what FUN!
--angie