Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Thursday, September 13, 2007

Grandparents Day



We had Grandparents Day at school yesterday. What a zoo! Mom and Mamaw O. came in support of the girls and we had muffins, fruit and juice. Since I am the room parent, it is my job to set up, serve, photograph and break down after all these celebrations. And I'm supposed to do it all with a smile and look as pleased as punch just to be there!

I don't have a lot of comments about the festivities for the day, but I just wanted to share the photos above. They're more special than we realize right now. Looking back, I wish I had a folder full of these with my grandmothers/great-grandmothers/grandfathers/great-grandfathers.

You never know what will transpire down the line that will make you wish you had proof of the way life once was. For Kel and Syd, I plan on making sure they have all the proof they need.

No comments: