Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Monday, October 13, 2008

West Wing

My good friend, Christine, living down in sunny Florida, sent me an email quite a while back and, as I do sometimes, I saved it to read later because at the time I was running to the store, running to the ballpark, running to school, running SOMEWHERE. So this morning, this beautiful red and orange and yellow and green and brown fall morning, I decided I would catch up on all my saved e-mails while the kiddos were at school, while the house was peaceful and while I enjoyed my breakfast of egg-white omelet, whole wheat toast and soy milk. Sad, huh? Have I mentioned I'm almost 40? Yeah, well, that kinda diet goes with the territory, folks. I digress...

Anyhoo, my dear friend is a very liberal woman, an Obama supporter, one SMART chica, in my humble opinion. She's also not afraid to spread the liberalism and she knows I'm one who welcomes it because, to tell ya' the truth, there are days here in the ol' Bible Belt I feel like I'm suffocating. So when I got her email a while back I saved it, knowing there would be a day, a quiet morning sometime, when I could really give it the attention it deserves. Today is the day, my friends.

Her opened email said, "I miss Jed Bartlett...watching him Wednesday nights got me through the first Bush term." And then there was a link to a NY Times Opinion article written by Aaron Sorkin, creator/writer of The West Wing, a show my mom and brother watched faithfully until the end. Joe and I watched it quite a bit, but missed some of it in later years, as it conflicted with something we were doing.

So today I clicked on the link, was magically transported to the NY Times and I read a dialogue Sorkin created between fictional president Jed Bartlett and hopefully future president Barack Obama. FANTABULOUS, folks. If you're a conservative, of course, maybe not so much to you. But if you're REALLY conservative, you probably don't come here much anyway because my opinions drive you insane. So for most of you, this will be a treat. Follow the link below and set your mind free...

NY Times Article

~Peace

No comments: