Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Friday, May 30, 2008

Memories

I was reading on the web late last night that Harvey Korman had died at 81. For those of you my age or older, you'll remember him from the Carol Burnett show, one of the favorites in my house. It made me so sad to hear the news because I loved to watch that show when I was growing up.

And since my dad's been gone for nearly 23 years now, there aren't a whole lot of memories I can still grasp with real clarity about the time he was here. But I can remember watching Carol Burnett with him. He used to love one of the Tim Conway skits, the one where he was Mr. Tudball and he had the secretary, Mrs. Wiggins. His impression of Tim Conway saying, "Uh, Mrs. DeWiggins," is crystal clear in my memory bank. It still makes me laugh to think about it today.

Here is a clip of Tim Conway and Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett Show. I put this up here because I used to love it when they would make each other laugh and Harvey Korman is cracking up in this one. Good times...



~Peace

No comments: