Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Playing Catch Up





It's hard to believe it's been a MONTH since I've written anything here. So much has been going on I guess I just haven't found time to do much more than check and answer e-mails these days. Where to begin? Well, first, we did the Fantasy of Trees again this year. We go every year the day before Thanksgiving. It was beautiful this year and was very enjoyable since we were ahead of most of the crowds! The girls got to visit with Santa bright and early. It was officially the beginning of the Christmas season after that.

That same weekend, the girls, Joe and I trekked over to Thompson Boling to catch the Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers show. What a hoot that was! Thousands of little girls all decked out in colored hairspray, mini-skirts and blonde wigs. The girls had a blast. Joe and I spent most of the night peering through the binoculars at the luxury boxes across the arena watching the UT-Kentucky game. The concert started at 4:00, so we had to leave pretty early in the game. I will give it to Joe for being a good sport about missing such a big game!

We're now in the process of getting ready for Christmas. Joey and the girls have a couple of more weeks in school and then the holiday break begins. I've got tons of presents to wrap and a little shopping left to do. Fortunately, I am off from work until the end of the month so I am trying to play a little catch up this week and next. I'm working on the Christmas card and hoping to have it out by the first of next week. Why that is such a big deal, I don't know. Like it goes anywhere but right to the trash the minute the Christmas decorations are taken down!

If you don't hear from me again until after the first of the year, I hope everybody has a great Christmas! I hope you're all healthy and happy and lucky enough to spend a couple of days with your friends and family all around you! God Bless!


P.S. I've posted some pictures of the Hannah Montana concert and the Fantasy of Trees at the top if you're interested in that sorta thing!

No comments: