Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Thursday, September 20, 2007

High School Musical On Ice



Well, we went to the High School Musical on Ice show last night at the Coliseum. Originally we were supposed to be on the front row for the Friday morning show. However, last week I got a call from a very nice lady at the ticket office letting me know that Disney had chosen to cancel that show and I would need to pick another night. I said, "But we had front row seats!" She was very patient and said, "I am aware of that, but there are no front row seats for any of the shows left." Can you feel my frustration?

Anyway, the good news was that they had second row seats in a better section for last night's show, the first performance of about a million this weekend. Mom, the girls and I left early and had dinner at Aubrey's before the show. (This was my grand plan to keep them from being hungry at the show and spending a week's salary on snacks while we were there!) We got to the show 35 minutes early and browsed around, checking out all the glittery souvenirs that were being hawked in the lobby.

The girls picked out a couple of trinkets and then headed over to the photo station to have their pictures made with Troy and Gabriella. I have about a million of these pictures with various cardboard or plastic people they have set up at these shows. But it's kinda neat because it helps me mark time and see how much my munchkins have grown over the years. This year was especially telling because Kelsey is almost as tall as the cutout!

So after getting to our seats, the show finally began and it was an hour-and-a-half-long rock concert on ice! The girls loved it. They sang and clapped and giggled through the whole thing. The place was packed and there were little girls squealing all over the joint. Even the moms and dads were clapping and singing along to the songs -- because if their house is anything like mine, they're for sure gonna know all the songs before they get there!

Sydney and Kelsey were still babbling about it on the way to school this morning. Syd said it was the best ice show we'd ever been to. Kelsey said the lead skater was *hot*. (Okay, I know he's an ice skater, but she's 8, so cut her some slack!)

So I guess the night was a success. For me, it was a ton of fun. The kids were happy. Their Nana got to have a night out with her girls. I got one more photo to add to my sofa table. And we all got to add one more memory to our internal hard drives. What else could I ask for?

No comments: