Welcome!

Formerly the Birchfield family blog, this space has been taken over by Sydney B., hip-hop dancer, softball player, fashion designer and youngest of the Birchfield clan.

There will be an occasional note from mom when something of interest pops up, but most of the commentary/photos/drawings will be from the young mind of Sydneyboo, diva in training.

No spelling or grammar critiques, please!




Monday, August 27, 2007

Sad News

I found out last night that my good buddy, Mac Jellicorse, had lost one of his older brothers, Paul. The cause of death is unknown, but that doesn't really matter, I guess. I can only imagine what Mac is dealing with right now, not only as a brother, but as a dad trying to explain what this activity is going on all around them.

I remember Paul probably the best out of all of Mac's brothers because he seemed to always be hanging around the house when we were having some of our infamous *hot tub parties*. He was such a fun guy. I always thought Mac looked a lot like him, too, more so than his other brothers. Mac is tall and blonde just like Paul was, and their features were so similar.

I don't have any deep words of wisdom on this subject today. I hadn't seen Paul in many years, but I talk to Mac several times each week and he has been near and dear to my heart since I was 7 years old. He has been my friend longer than my husband has been around, longer than my children have been around and we know pretty much everything there is to know about each other -- good and bad -- and we still choose to be friends!

We've been through the deaths of our parents -- mine a father and his a mother. We've celebrated each other's weddings. We've celebrated four births in the last 9 years, two for each of us. We have stayed updated on our kids' schools, sporting events and firsts -- first teeth, first day of school, first sleepover. We've shared pictures and stories and have laughed more times than I can count about all the adventures we've experienced together in our lifetimes.

I'm sure this week's adventure is one he would have rather skipped in his lifetime. But life is funny and it just doesn't work that way sometimes. So for everyone reading this today, pray for my friend and his family this week. Even if you don't have a clue who I am talking about, pray for Mac. Pray for him because he is my friend and anyone who knows me at all knows that that means he has earned it.

No comments: